Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Arthroplasty
- Projections of primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States from 2005 to 2030.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 780
- Differences in outcomes of obese women and men undergoing primary total hip arthroplasty.Arthritis Rheum. 2007; 57: 327
- Functional outcome after revision hip arthroplasty: a metaanalysis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2003; : 254
- Demographics, outcomes, and risk factors for adverse events associated with primary and revision total hip arthroplasties in the United States.Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2010; 39: E72
- Functional outcome of femoral peri prosthetic fracture and revision hip arthroplasty: a matched-pair study from the New Zealand Registry.Acta Orthop. 2008; 79: 483
- Mortality after periprosthetic fracture of the femur.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 2658
- Factors predisposing to periprosthetic fracture after hip arthroplasty: a case (n = 31)-control study.Acta Orthop Scand. 2004; 75: 16
- Risk factors for postoperative femoral fracture in cementless hip arthroplasty.J Formos Med Assoc. 1999; 98: 190
- Periprosthetic femoral fractures classification and demographics of 1049 periprosthetic femoral fractures from the Swedish National Hip Arthroplasty Register.J Arthroplasty. 2005; 20: 857
- Three hundred and twenty-one periprosthetic femoral fractures.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006; 88: 1215
- Periprosthetic fracture of the femur after total hip arthroplasty: treatment and results to date.Instr Course Lect. 1998; 47: 243
- Total hip replacement in patients eighty years of age and older.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008; 90: 1884
- The risk of peri-prosthetic fracture after primary and revision total hip and knee replacement.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011; 93: 96
- Maintaining a hip registry for 25 years. Mayo Clinic experience.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1997; : 61
- Higher body mass index is not associated with worse pain outcomes after primary or revision total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2010;
- Age, gender, obesity, and depression are associated with patient-related pain and function outcome after revision total hip arthroplasty.Clin Rheumatol. 2009; 28: 1419
- The impact of gender, age, and preoperative pain severity on pain after TKA.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008; 466: 2717
- Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic.World Health Organization, Geneva2000
- Adapting a clinical comorbidity index for use with ICD-9-CM administrative databases.J Clin Epidemiol. 1992; 45: 613
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373
- Morbidity during hospitalization: can we predict it?.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 705
- The role of anesthesia in surgical mortality.JAMA. 1961; 178: 261
- Preoperative risks and outcomes of hip and knee arthroplasty in the Veterans Health Administration.J Arthroplasty. 2003; 18: 693
- Falls among older persons: a public health perspective.Annu Rev Public Health. 1992; 13: 489
- A risk model for the prediction of recurrent falls in community-dwelling elderly: a prospective cohort study.J Clin Epidemiol. 2002; 55: 1088
- Impact of gait problems and falls on functioning in independent living persons of 55 years and over: a community survey.Patient Educ Couns. 1999; 36: 23
- Sports activity after total hip and knee arthroplasty: specific recommendations concerning tennis.Sports Med. 2006; 36: 571
- Sports activities 5 years after total knee or hip arthroplasty: the Ulm Osteoarthritis Study.Ann Rheum Dis. 2005; 64: 1715
Schmidt AH, and Kyle,R. Periprosthetic fractures of the femur. Orthop Clin North Am, 2002. 33: p. 143, ix.
- The prevention of periprosthetic fractures in total hip and knee arthroplasty.Orthop Clin North Am. 1999; 30: 191
The Conflict of Interest statement associated with this article can be found at doi:10.1016/j.arth.2011.12.010.
This material is the result of work supported with the National Institutes of Health Clinical Translational Science Award 1 KL2 RR024151-01 (Mayo Clinic Center for Clinical and Translational Research) and the resources and the use of facilities at the Birmingham VA Medical Center, Birmingham, Ala.