Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Arthroplasty
- Projections of primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States from 2005 to 2030.J Bone Joint Surg. 2007; 89: 780
- Randomized trials to modify patients' preoperative expectations of hip and knee arthroplasties.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008; 466: 424
- Total hip and total knee replacement.N Engl J Med. 1990; 323: 725
- Comparative outcomes of total joint arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 1995; 10: 737
- Cemented total hip replacement in patients who are less than fifty years old.J Bone Joint Surg. 1984; 66: 353
- Total hip arthroplasties in patients less than forty-five years old.J Bone Joint Surg. 1983; 65: 474
- Exercise recommendations after total joint replacement: a review of the current literature and proposal of scientifically based guidelines.Sports Med. 2002; 32: 433
- Physical activity after total joint replacement: a cross-sectional survey.Clin J Sport Med. 2007; 17: 104
- Sports after total joint replacement.Clin Sports Med. 2005; 24: 175
- How many orthopaedists does it take to…? Is the United States facing a shortage of orthopaedic surgeons? Or are recent calls for more surgeons another false alarm?.AAOS Now. 2007; (http://www6.aaos.org/news/PDFopen/PDFopen.cfm?page_url=http://www.aaos.org/news/bulletin/sep07/cover1.asp)
- Survivorship analysis of total hip replacements. Results in a series of active patients who were less than fifty-five years old.J Bone Joint Surg. 1986; 68: 1430
- Total hip arthroplasty. Can the patient play sports again?.Orthopedics. 1987; 10: 1447
- Participation in sports after total knee replacement.Am J Sports Med. 1998; 26: 530
- Sport after total hip arthroplasty.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 1983; 101: 161
- Which is the best activity rating scale for patients undergoing total joint arthroplasty?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009; 467: 958
- Use of a new high-activity arthroplasty score to assess function of young patients with total hip or knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2010; 25: 268
- Activity recommendations after total hip and knee arthroplasty: a survey of the American Association for Hip and Knee Surgeons.J Arthroplasty. 2009; 24: 120
- Return to athletic activity after total hip arthroplasty: consensus guidelines based on a survey of the Hip Society and American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.J Arthroplasty. 2007; 22: 171
- Athletic activity after total joint arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg. 2008; 90: 2245
- Athletic activity after joint replacement.Am J Sports Med. 2001; 29: 377
- Activity level in young patients with primary total hip arthroplasty: a 5-year minimum follow-up.J Arthroplasty. 2007; 22: 39
- Comparative study of the activity of total hip arthroplasty patients and normal subjects.J Arthroplasty. 2001; 16: 613
- Quantitative assessment of walking activity after total hip or knee replacement.J Bone Joint Surg. 1998; 80: 54
- Wear is a function of use, not time.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2000; 381: 36
- Average patient walking activity approaches 2 million cycles per year.J Arthroplasty. 2002; 17: 693
- Assessing activity in joint replacement patients 1.J Arthroplasty. 1998; 13: 890
- Tennis after total hip arthroplasty.Am J Sports Med. 1999; 27: 60
- Post-traumatic recurrent hip joint dislocation.Der Unfallchirurg. 1992; 95: 298
Widhalm R, Höfer G, Krugluger J, et al. Is there greater danger of sports injury or osteoporosis caused by inactivity in patients with hip prosthesis? Sequelae for long-term stability of prosthesis anchorage. Zeitschrift für Orthopädie und ihre Grenzgebiete.128:139.
- Catastrophic wear of tibial polyethylene inserts.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1991; 273: 223
- Prognosis of total hip replacement in Sweden: follow-up of 92,675 operations performed 1978-1990.Acta Orthop. 1993; 64: 497
- Periprosthetic fracture of the femur after total hip arthroplasty occurring in winter activities: report of two cases.J Surg Orthop Adv. 2004; 13: 119
- The Frank Stinchfield Award: demographic factors affecting long-term outcome of total hip arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2003; 417: 62
Supplementary material available at www.arthroplastyjournal.org.
The Conflict of Interest statement associated with this article can be found at doi:10.1016/j.arth.2012.02.001.