Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Arthroplasty
- Improving venous thromboembolism performance: a comprehensive guide for physicians and hospitalists.Hosp Pract (Minneap). 2010; 38: 7
- Hospital-Acquired Conditions (HAC) in Acute Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) Hospitals Department of Health and Human Services.Accessed on 10/17/2011)
- Venous thromboembolic disease after total hip and knee arthroplasty: current perspectives in a regulated environment.Instr Course Lect. 2008; 57: 637
- Deep venous thrombosis: a continuing problem.BMJ. 1988; 297: 28
- Incidence of posthospitalization proximal deep venous thrombosis after total hip arthroplasty. A pilot study.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1994; : 203
- Diagnosis of deep venous thrombosis by compression ultrasound in knee arthroplasty patients.J Arthroplasty. 1992; 7: 187
- Prevention of venous thromboembolism: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition).Chest. 2008; 133: 381S
- Prevention of symptomatic pulmonary embolism in patients undergoing total hip or knee arthroplasty.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2009; 17: 183
- Endothelium-derived relaxing factors and converting enzyme inhibition.Am J Cardiol. 1995; 76: 3E
- Effects of external pneumatic intermittent compression on fibrinolysis in man.Lancet. 1973; 2: 1412
- The safety and efficacy of intraoperative heparin in total hip arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2000; : 178
- Thrombosis prevention after total hip arthroplasty: a prospective, randomized trial comparing a mobile compression device with low-molecular-weight heparin.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010; 92: 527
- Compliance in using a pneumatic compression device after total knee arthroplasty.Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2003; 32: 135
- Two mechanical devices for prophylaxis of thromboembolism after total knee arthroplasty. A prospective, randomised study.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2004; 86: 1137
- Cost effectiveness of thromboprophylaxis with a low-molecular-weight heparin versus unfractionated heparin in acutely ill medical inpatients.Am J Manag Care. 2004; 10: 632
- Thomson Reuters (Healthcare) Inc, Montvale, NJ2010 Red Book—pharmacy's fundamental reference.
Medicare RBRVS – The physician's guide: American Medical Association, 2010.
Ingenix. DRG expert—a comprehensive guidebook to the DRG classification system. In: Ingenix, ed.: Ingenix. 2010.
- Activity-based costs of blood transfusions in surgical patients at four hospitals.Transfusion. 2009; 50: 753
The burden of musculoskeletal disease in the United States. In: The burden of musculoskeletal disease in the United States. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2008.
- Treatment and prevention of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (8th Edition).Chest. 2008; 133: 340S
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia–pathogenesis and treatment.Thromb Haemost. 1999; 82: 148
- A meta-analysis comparing low-molecular-weight heparins with unfractionated heparin in the treatment of venous thromboembolism: examining some unanswered questions regarding location of treatment, product type, and dosing frequency.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 181
- Low-molecular-weight heparins compared with unfractionated heparin for treatment of acute deep venous thrombosis. A cost-effectiveness analysis.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 130: 789
- Cost effectiveness of venous thromboembolism pharmacological prophylaxis in total hip and knee replacement: a systematic review.Pharmacoeconomics. 2010; 28
- Comparison of cost, effectiveness, and safety of injectable anticoagulants used for thromboprophylaxis after orthopedic surgery.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2007; 64: 2349
Supplementary material available at www.arthroplastyjournal.org.
The Conflict of Interest statement associated with this article can be found at doi:10.1016/j.arth.2012.03.024.
Funding for this analysis was provided by Medical Compression Systems.