Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Arthroplasty
Clarke JV, Deakin AH, Dillon JM, et al. A prospective clinical audit of a new dressing design for lower limb arthroplasty wounds. J Wound Care. 2009;18(1):5.
- A prospective randomised study comparing the jubilee dressing method to a standard adhesive dressing for total hip and knee replacements.J Tissue Viability. 2012; 21: 84
- Enhancing patient recovery following lower limb arthroplasty with a modern wound dressing: a prospective, comparative audit.J Wound Care. 2012; 21: 200
- The management of wounds following primary lower limb arthroplasty: a prospective, randomised study comparing hydrofibre and central pad dressings.Int Wound J. 2006; 3: 133
- A prospective, randomised, controlled trial comparing wound dressings used in hip and knee surgery: Aquacel and Tegaderm versus Cutiplast.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2006; 88: 18
- Occlusive vs gauze dressings for local wound care in surgical patients: a randomized clinical trial.Arch Surg. 2008; 143: 950
- A comparison of hydrofibre and alginate dressings on open acute surgical wounds.J Wound Care. 2000; 9: 442
- Randomised clinical trial comparing Hydrofiber and alginate dressings post-hip replacement.J Wound Care. 2011; 20: 136
- Assessment of the antimicrobial effectiveness of a new silver alginate wound dressing: a RCT.J Wound Care. 2010; 19: 20
- Prospective randomized controlled study of Hydrofiber dressing containing ionic silver or calcium alginate dressings in non-ischaemic diabetic foot ulcers.Diabet Med. 2007; 24: 280
- Randomised clinical trial of Hydrofiber dressing with silver versus povidone-iodine gauze in the management of open surgical and traumatic wounds.Int Wound J. 2007; 4: 66
- A prospective randomised open label study to evaluate the potential of a new silver alginate/carboxymethylcellulose antimicrobial wound dressing to promote wound healing.Int Wound J. 2010; 7: 262
- Topical silver for treating infected wounds.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2007; 1 (CD005486)
Storm-Versloot MN, Vos CG, Ubbink DT, Vermeulen H. Topical silver for preventing wound infection. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. (3):CD006478.
- Clinical evaluation comparing the efficacy of aquacel ag hydrofiber dressing versus petrolatum gauze with antibiotic ointment in partial-thickness burns in a pediatric burn center.J Burn Care Res. 2009; 30: 380
Springer BD, Odum S, Griffin WL, et al. The role of surgical dressing in total joint arthroplasty: Level 1 randomized clinical trial. Clin Orthop Relat Res. In press.
- Procrastination of wound drainage and malnutrition affect the outcome of joint arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008; 466: 1368
Hansen E, Durinka JB, Costanzo JA, Austin MS, Deirmengian GK. Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Is Associated With Resolution of Incisional Drainage in Most Wounds After Hip Arthroplasty. Clin Orthop Relat Res. Mar 29 2013. [Epub before print].
- Factors affecting wound ooze in total knee replacement.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2011; 93: 54
- Aseptic complications after total knee arthroplasty.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 1999; 7: 311
- Predictors of wound infection in hip and knee joint replacement: results from a 20 year surveillance program.J Orthop Res. 2002; 20: 506
- Wound complications after total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2007; 22: 39
- Wound complications in total knee arthroplasty.Instr Course Lect. 1997; 46: 165
- Factors associated with prolonged wound drainage after primary total hip and knee arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 33
- Infection after total hip replacement. With special reference to a discharge from the wound.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1983; 65: 412
- Persistent wound drainage after primary total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 1993; 8: 285
- Negative pressure wound therapy to prevent seromas and treat surgical incisions after total hip arthroplasty.Int Orthop. 2012; 36: 719
- Negative pressure wound therapy for at-risk surgical closures in patients with multiple comorbidities: a prospective randomized controlled study.Ann Surg. 2012; 255: 1043
Webster J, Scuffham P, Sherriff KL, et al. Negative pressure wound therapy for skin grafts and surgical wounds healing by primary intention. Cochrane Database Syst Rev.4:CD009261.
- Vacuum-assisted closure in the treatment of early hip joint infections.Int J Med Sci. 2009; 6: 241
- Infection as a complication of total knee-replacement arthroplasty. Risk factors and treatment in sixty-seven cases.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1990; 72: 878
- Can this prosthesis be saved? Implant salvage attempts in infected primary TKA.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011; 469: 970
- Surgical treatment of early wound complications following primary total knee arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91: 48
- Delayed wound healing and nutritional deficiencies after total hip arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1993; 293: 188
- Nutritional parameters and short term outcome in arthroplasty.J Am Coll Nutr. 1999; 18: 274
- Risk of revision of a total hip replacement in patients with diabetes mellitus: a population-based follow up study.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2010; 92: 929
- Obesity, diabetes, and preoperative hyperglycemia as predictors of periprosthetic joint infection: a single-center analysis of 7181 primary hip and knee replacements for osteoarthritis.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012; 94: e101
- Perioperative glycemic control and the risk of infectious complications in a cohort of adults with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 1999; 22: 1408
- Diabetes mellitus, hemoglobin A1C, and the incidence of total joint arthroplasty infection.J Arthroplasty. 2012; 27: 726 e721
- Surgical outcomes of total knee replacement according to diabetes status and glycemic control, 2001 to 2009.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: 481
- Does “excessive” anticoagulation predispose to periprosthetic infection?.J Arthroplasty. 2007; 22: 24
- Hematoma following primary total hip arthroplasty: a grave complication.J Arthroplasty. 2013; 28: 498
- Effect of a patient blood management programme on preoperative anaemia, transfusion rate, and outcome after primary hip or knee arthroplasty: a quality improvement cycle.Br J Anaesth. 2012; 108: 943
- Preoperative anemia in total joint arthroplasty: is it associated with periprosthetic joint infection?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2012; 470: 2695
- Prospective evaluation of criteria for microbiological diagnosis of prosthetic-joint infection at revision arthroplasty. The OSIRIS Collaborative Study Group.J Clin Microbiol. 1998; 36: 2932
- Prophylactic antibiotics do not affect cultures in the treatment of an infected TKA: a prospective trial.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010; 468: 127
- The Chitranjan Ranawat Award: should prophylactic antibiotics be withheld before revision surgery to obtain appropriate cultures?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013; ([Epub before print].)
- A comparison of three methods of wound closure following arthroplasty: a prospective, randomised, controlled trial.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006; 88: 238
Eggers MD, Fang L, Lionberger DR. A comparison of wound closure techniques for total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2011;26(8):1251.
- Skin closure after total hip replacement: a randomised controlled trial of skin adhesive versus surgical staples.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009; 91: 725
- Sutures versus staples for skin closure in orthopaedic surgery: meta-analysis.BMJ. 2010; 340: c1199
- Tissue adhesives for closure of surgical incisions.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004; 2 (CD004287)