Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The 2011 national blood collection and utilization survey report.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, Washington, DC2011: 3
- Lowering the hemoglobin threshold for transfusion in coronary artery bypass procedures: effect on patient outcome.Transfusion. 1999; 39: 1070
- Impact of more restrictive blood transfusion strategies on clinical outcomes: a meta-analysis and systematic review.Am J Med. 2014; 127: 124
- A multicenter, randomized, controlled clinical trial of transfusion requirements in critical care. Transfusion Requirements in Critical Care Investigators, Canadian Critical Care Trials Group.N Engl J Med. 1999; 340: 409
- Liberal or restrictive transfusion in high-risk patients after hip surgery.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 2453
- Autologous blood donation and subsequent blood use in patients undergoing total knee arthroplasty.Transfus Med. 2006; 16: 313
- A prospective, randomized study of preoperative autologous donation for hip replacement surgery.JBJS. 2002; 84-A: 1299
- Achieving a shared baseline: implementing evidence based clinical practices.Presented at the 20th Annual Society for Health Systems Conference at the Rosen Plaza Hotel in Orlando, FL. 2008
- Activity-based costs of blood transfusions in surgical patients at four hospitals.Transfusion. 2010; 50 ([Epub 2009 Dec 9]): 753https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1537-2995.2009.02518.x
- Health care-associated infection after red blood cell transfusion: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1317https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2014.2726
- Red blood cell transfusion practice in elective orthopedic surgery: a multicenter cohort study.Transfusion. 2010; 50 ([Epub 2010 Oct 4]): 2117https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1537-2995.2010.02697.x
- A simplified pathway for total knee arthroplasty improves outcomes.J Knee Surg. 2014; 27 ([Epub 2013 Nov 14]): 221https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0033-1360657
- The effectiveness and safety of tranexamic acid in total hip or knee arthroplasty: a meta-analysis of 2720 cases.Transfus Med. 2015; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1111/tme.12212
- Transfusions and blood loss in total hip and knee arthroplasty: a prospective observational study.J Orthop Surg Res. 2015; 10: 48https://doi.org/10.1186/s13018-015-0188-6
- How do I implement a more restrictive transfusion trigger of hemoglobin level of 7 g/dL at my hospital?.Transfusion. 2015; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.12982
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2015.07.040.