Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The cost-effectiveness of total joint arthroplasty: a systematic review of published literature.Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2012; 26: 649
- What proportion of patients report long-term pain after total hip or knee replacement for osteoarthritis? a systematic review of prospective studies in unselected patients.BMJ Open. 2012; 2: e000435
- Projections of primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States from 2005 to 2030.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 780
- Smoking, risky drinking and obesity.Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia, 2009
- Determinants of pain, functional limitations and health-related quality of life six months after total knee arthroplasty: results from a prospective cohort study.BMC Sports Sci Med Rehabil. 2013; 5: 2
- Predictors of pain and function following total joint replacement.Rijeka, Croatia: INTECH Open Access Publisher, 2013
- Predicting the longer term outcomes of total knee arthroplasty.Knee. 2010; 17: 15
- Smoking and outcomes after knee and hip arthroplasty: a systematic review.J Rheumatol. 2011; 38: 1824
- Predicting the cost-effectiveness of total hip and knee replacement: a health economic analysis.Bone Joint J. 2013; 95-B: 115
- Patterns of recovery following knee and hip replacement in an Australian cohort.Aust Health Rev. 2009; 33: 124
- Latent class growth analysis predicts long term pain and function trajectories in total knee arthroplasty: a study of 689 patients.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2015; 23: 2141
- Rationing of total knee replacement: a cost-effectiveness analysis on a large trial data set.BMJ Open. 2012; 2: e000332
- The estimation of a preference-based measure of health from the SF-12.Med Care. 2004; 42: 851
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Socio-economic indexes for areas. 2013; Available at: http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/censushome.nsf/home/seifa. [accessed 10.05.16]
- Tests for specification errors in classical linear least-squares regression analysis.J R Stat Soc Series B Stat Methodol. 1969; : 350
- Psychological factors affecting the outcome of total hip and knee arthroplasty: a systematic review.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2012; 41: 576
- The effect of comorbidities on outcomes following total knee arthroplasty.J knee Surg. 2015; 28: 411
- Depression in primary TKA and higher medical comorbidities in revision TKA are associated with suboptimal subjective improvement in knee function.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2014; 15: 127
- Outcomes of total knee arthroplasty in English-versus non–English-speaking patients.J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2009; 17: 305
- Racial disparities in knee and hip total joint arthroplasty: an 18-year analysis of national medicare data.Ann Rheum Dis. 2014; 73: 2107
- Outcomes following large joint arthroplasty: does socio-economic status matter?.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2014; 15: 148
- Social and behavioral factors in total knee and hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2015; 30: 1852
- Obesity is a major risk factor for prosthetic infection after primary hip arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008; 466: 153
- Economic burden of obesity in primary total knee arthroplasty.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2011; 63: 1375
- Development of a prognostic nomogram for predicting the probability of nonresponse to total knee arthroplasty 1 year after surgery.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1654
- Adaptation to early knee osteoarthritis: the role of risk, resilience, and disease severity on pain and physical functioning.Ann Behav Med. 2008; 36: 70
The authors are supported by the Australian Research Council's Discovery Early Career Awards funding scheme (Project DE150100309), a National Health and Medical Research Council postgraduate award (AP1093229), and a National Health and Medical Research Council Early Career Australian Clinical Fellowship (APP1035810).
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and are not necessarily those of the Australian Research Council or the National Health and Medical Research Council.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2016.07.036.