Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Vitamin D status: United States, 2001-2006.NCHC Data Brief. 2011; 59: 1-8
- Hypovitaminosis D in patients scheduled to undergo orthopaedic surgery: a single-center analysis.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010; 92: 2300-2304https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.I.01231
- Vitamin D insufficiency in patients with THA: prevalence and effects on outcome.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 681-686
- High prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in elderly patients with advanced osteoarthritis scheduled for total knee replacement associated with poorer preoperative functional state.Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2013; 95: 569-572
- Vitamin D deficiency in patients with osteoarthritis undergoing total hip replacement: a cause for concern?.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2010; 92: 496-499
- Is there an association between periprosthetic joint infection and low vitamin D levels?.Int Orthop. 2014; 38: 1499-1504
- Low albumin is a risk factor for complications after revision total knee arthroplasty.J Knee Surg. 2016; 30: 269-275https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0036-1584575
- Moderate vitamin D deficiency is associated with changes in knee and hip pain in older adults: a 5-year longitudinal study.Ann Rheum Dis. 2014; 73: 697-703
- The relation between acute changes in the systemic inflammatory response and plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations after elective knee arthroplasty.Am J Clin Nutr. 2011; 93: 1006-1011
- Low vitamin D status does not adversely affect short-term functional outcome after total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2013; 28: 315-322
- Does vitamin D status affect the attainment of in-hospital functional milestones after total hip arthroplasty?.J Arthroplasty. 2012; 27: 482-489
- Vitamin D status and surgical outcomes: a systematic review.Patient Saf Surg. 2015; 9: 14https://doi.org/10.1186/s13037-015-0060-y
- Evaluation of malnutrition in orthopaedic surgery.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2014; 22: 193-199
- Is there an association between low serum 25-OH-D levels and the length of hospital stay in orthopaedic patients after arthroplasty?.J Orthop Traumatol. 2016; 17: 297-302https://doi.org/10.1007/s10195-016-0414-y
- Prevalence and severity of vitamin D deficiency in patients with diabetic foot infection.Br J Nutr. 2013; 109: 99-102
- Circulating 25-hydroxyvitamin D and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D concentrations and postoperative infections in cardiac surgical patients: the CALCITOP-study.PLoS One. 2016; 11: e0158532https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0158532
- Vitamin D deficiency is associated with increased risk of bacterial infections after kidney transplantation.Korean J Intern Med. 2016; ([Epub ahead of print]; PMID: 27017390)https://doi.org/10.3904/kjim.2015.214
- Low vitamin D levels are associated with increased rejection and infections after lung transplantation.J Heart Lung Transpl. 2012; 31: 700-707
- Rapid correction of low vitamin D status in nursing home residents.Osteoporos Int. 2008; 19: 1621-1628
- The immunological functions of the vitamin D endocrine system.Cell Mol Biol. 2003; 49: 277-300
- Antimicrobial implications of vitamin D.Dermatoendocrinology. 2011; 3: 220-229
Funding Sources: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2017.02.038.
Institutional review board approval was obtained for this study.