Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Arthroplasty
- Surgeon demographics and medical malpractice in adult reconstruction.Clin Orthop Relat. 2009; 467: 358-366https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-008-0581-0
- Medical malpractice in hip and knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2007; 22: 2-7https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2007.05.003
- Incidence of adverse events and negligence in hospitalized patients.N Engl J Med. 1991; 324: 370-376https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199102073240604
- Negligent care and malpractice claiming behavior in Utah and Colorado.Med Care. 2000; 38: 250-260
2010 Caseload statistics of the unified judicial system of Pennsylvania. http://www.pacourts.us/news-and-statistics/research-and-statistics/caseload-statistics. [accessed 15.02.16].
- Philadelphia County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau.[accessed 15.02.16])
- Malpractice risk according to physician specialty.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 629-636https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsa1012370
- Lessons regarding the safety of orthopaedic patient care: an analysis of four hundred and sixty-four closed malpractice claims.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: e201-208https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.K.01272
- The incidence of deep prosthetic infections in a specialist orthopaedic hospital: a 15-year prospective survey.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006; 88: 943-948https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.88B7.17150
- Nerve injury after primary total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2001; 16: 1048-1054https://doi.org/10.1054/arth.2001.26591
- Peripheral neuropathies following total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 1994; 9: 645-651
- Periprosthetic fractures after total knee arthroplasties.Clin Orthop. 2006; 446: 167-175https://doi.org/10.1097/01.blo.0000214417.29335.19
- The uncemented total hip arthroplasty. Intraoperative femoral fractures.Clin Orthop. 1988; : 61-66
- Vascular complications after total knee arthroplasty—a single institutional experience.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1583-1588https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2016.01.013
- Legal and psychological considerations for obtaining informed consent for reverse total shoulder arthroplasty.Shoulder Elbow. 2017; 9: 15-22https://doi.org/10.1177/1758573216652082
- US and Canadian physicians' attitudes and experiences regarding disclosing errors to patients.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1605-1611https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.166.15.1605
- Medicolegal aspects of hip and knee arthroplasty.Clin Orthop. 2005; : 72-76
- A descriptive review of malpractice claims for health care-acquired infections in Philadelphia.Am J Infect Control. 2005; 33: 310-312https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2005.03.005
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2017.12.007.