Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Increased risk of complications following total joint arthroplasty in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.Arthritis Rheumatol. 2014; 66: 254-263
- Risk of revision for infection in primary total hip and knee arthroplasty in patients with rheumatoid arthritis compared with osteoarthritis: a prospective, population-based study on 108,786 hip and knee joint arthroplasties from the Norwegian Arthroplasty Register.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2010; 62: 473-479
- Nasal decontamination for the prevention of surgical site infection in Staphylococcus aureus carriers.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 5: CD012462
- Nasal carriage of Staphylococcus aureus as a major risk factor for wound infections after cardiac surgery.J Infect Dis. 1995; 171: 216-219
- Changes in the prevalence of nasal colonization with Staphylococcus aureus in the United States, 2001-2004.J Infect Dis. 2008; 197: 1226-1234
- Staphylococcus aureus in patients with rheumatoid arthritis under conventional and anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha treatment.J Rheumatol. 2005; 32: 2125-2129
- Prevalence of nasal colonization with Staphylococcus aureus in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.Curr Rheumatol Rev. 2018; 14: 78-83
- Persistence of Staphylococcus aureus colonization among individuals with immune-mediated inflammatory diseases treated with TNF-alpha inhibitor therapy.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2014; 53: 332-337
- Performance of the 2010 ACR/EULAR classification criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic literature review.Ann Rheum Dis. 2014; 73: 114-123
- The American Rheumatism Association 1987 revised criteria for the classification of rheumatoid arthritis.Arthritis Rheum. 1988; 31: 315-324
- Community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in children with no identified predisposing risk.JAMA. 1998; 279: 593-598
- Evaluation of protein A gene polymorphic region DNA sequencing for typing of Staphylococcus aureus strains.J Clin Microbiol. 1999; 37: 3556-3563
- Typing of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in a university hospital setting by using novel software for spa repeat determination and database management.J Clin Microbiol. 2003; 41: 5442-5448
- Molecular characterization of methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus clinical isolates in the United States, 2004 to 2010.J Clin Microbiol. 2013; 51: 874-879
- Frequency of infection in patients with rheumatoid arthritis compared with controls: a population-based study.Arthritis Rheum. 2002; 46: 2287-2293
- Nasal carriage as a source of Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia. Study group.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 11-16
- Mupirocin ointment for preventing Staphylococcus aureus infections in nasal carriers.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008; : CD006216
- Risk of skin and soft tissue infections (including shingles) in patients exposed to anti-tumour necrosis factor therapy: results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register.Ann Rheum Dis. 2013; 72: 229-234
- Risk of septic arthritis in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and the effect of anti-TNF therapy: results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register.Ann Rheum Dis. 2011; 70: 1810-1814
- Risk of serious infection in biological treatment of patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet. 2015; 386: 258-265
- Flares in patients with rheumatoid arthritis after total hip and total knee arthroplasty: rates, characteristics, and risk factors.J Rheumatol. 2018; 45: 604-611
- Perioperative timing of infliximab and the risk of serious infection after elective hip and knee arthroplasty.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2017; 69: 1845-1854
- Patterns and associated risk of perioperative use of anti-tumor necrosis factor in patients with rheumatoid arthritis undergoing total knee replacement.J Rheumatol. 2013; 40: 617-623
- Management of perioperative tumour necrosis factor alpha inhibitors in rheumatoid arthritis patients undergoing arthroplasty: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2016; 55: 573-582
- High disease activity is associated with an increased risk of infection in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.Ann Rheum Dis. 2011; 70: 785-791
- High levels of Staphylococcus aureus and MRSA carriage in healthy population of Algiers revealed by additional enrichment and multisite screening.Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2018; 37: 1521-1529
- Swabbing surgical sites does not improve the detection of Staphylococcus aureus carriage in high-risk surgical patients.Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2015; 16: 523-525
- Multi-site and nasal swabbing for carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: what does a single nose swab predict?.J Hosp Infect. 2017; 96: 232-237
- Cost-effectiveness of Staphylococcus aureus decolonization strategies in high-risk total joint arthroplasty patients.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: S91-S96
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.01.025.
Funding: This work was supported by the National Center For Advancing Translational Science of the National Institute of Health, United States ( UL1TR002384 ); The Weill Cornell Clinical and Translational Science Center, United States ( UL1-TR000457-06 ); The Stavros Niarchos Foundation Complex Joint Reconstruction Center at the Hospital for Special Surgery, United States ; The National Institutes of Health, United States ( R01 AI103268 [to B.S.]); and National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, United States ( HHSN272201400019C [to B.S.]).
The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the Complex Joint Reconstruction Center.