Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Arthroplasty
- Hospital comparison of stroke care in Sweden: a register based study.BMJ Open. 2017; 7: e015244https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2016-015244
- Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of public reporting of surgeon-specific outcome data.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 415-421https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2015.0788
- The importance of risk adjustment in reporting total joint arthroplasty outcomes.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 590-595https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2015.09.041
- More than 95% completeness of reported procedures in the population-based Dutch Arthroplasty Register.Acta Orthop. 2015; 86: 498-505https://doi.org/10.3109/17453674.2015.1028307
- Vektis.[accessed 01.01.17])
- Metal-on-metal hip arthroplasty: a review of adverse reactions and patient management.J Funct Biomater. 2015; 6: 486-499https://doi.org/10.3390/jfb6030486
- Advies Metaal-op-Metaal Heupprothesen per 1 augustus.[accessed 02.07.2019])
- Effect of femoral head size and surgical approach on risk of revision for dislocation after total hip arthroplasty.Acta Orthop. 2017; 88: 392-401https://doi.org/10.1080/17453674.2017.1317515
- Similar superior patient reported outcome measures (PROMs) for anterior and posterolateral approach after total hip arthroplasty in the Netherlands.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 1786-1793https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2018.01.055
- Kaplan-Meier survival analysis overestimates the risk of revision arthroplasty: a meta analysis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015; 473: 3431-3442https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-015-4291-0
- Editorial: estimating survivorship in the face of competing risks.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015; 473: 1173-1176https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-015-4182-4
- Tutorial in biostatistics: competing risks and multi-state models.Stat Med. 2007; 26: 2389-2430https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.2712
- Revision surgery is overestimated in hip replacement.Bone Joint Res. 2012; 1: 258-262https://doi.org/10.1302/2046-3758.110.2000104
- The effect of bearing type on the outcome of total hip arthroplasty. Analyses of 209,912 primary total hip arthroplasty registered in the Dutch Arthroplasty Register.Acta Orthop. 2018 Apr; 89: 163-169https://doi.org/10.1080/17453674.2017.1405669
- Development and validation of perioperative risk-adjustment models for hip fracture repair, total hip arthroplasty, and total knee arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2016; 98: e2https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.N.01330
- National Joint Registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.(12th Annual Report)http://www.njrcentre.org.uk/njrcentre/Portals/0/Documents/England/Reports/12th%20annual%20report/NJR%20Online%20Annual%20Report%202015.pdf([accessed 02.07.2019])Date: 2015
- Effect of body mass index on complications and reoperations after total hip arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2016; 98: 169-179https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.O.00430
- Obese patients have higher rates of polymicrobial and Gram-negative early periprosthetic joint infections of the hip than non-obese patients.PLoS One. 2019; 14: e0215035https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0215035
- The use of dual-mobility bearings in patients at high risk of dislocation.Bone Joint J. 2019; 101-B: 41-45https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.101B1.BJJ-2018-0506.R1
Sources of Funding: R.M.P. and W.P.Z. received a grant (VRF2017-001) from the Van Rens Foundation, which was initiated by the Dutch Orthopedic Society (NOV), in order to perform this study.
Disclosure: None of the authors have any financial or personal relationships with other people or organizations that could potentially and inappropriately influence (bias) this work and its conclusions.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.08.024.