Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Infection burden for hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States.J Arthroplasty. 2008; 23: 984-991https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2007.10.017
- Mortality during total hip periprosthetic joint infection.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: S337-S342https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2018.12.024
- Infection triples the cost of a primary total joint arthroplasty.Infect Dis (lond). 2019; 51: 348-355https://doi.org/10.1080/23744235.2019.1572219
- Total hip arthroplasty revision due to infection: a cost analysis approach.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2010; 96: 124-132https://doi.org/10.1016/j.otsr.2009.11.004
- Why are total knee arthroplasties failing today-has anything changed after 10 years?.J Arthroplasty. 2013; 29: 1774-1778https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2013.07.024
- The epidemiology of revision total hip arthroplasty in the United States.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2009; 91: 128-133https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.H.00155
- The epidemiology of revision total knee arthroplasty in the United States.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010; 468: 45-51https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-009-0945-0
- Have periprosthetic hip infection rates plateaued?.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 2244-2247https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2017.02.027
- Current epidemiology of revision total knee arthroplasty in the United States.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 2663-2668https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2017.03.066
- Periprosthetic joint infection: current concept.Indian J Orthop. 2013; 47: 10-17https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5413.106884
- Diagnosis and management of prosthetic joint infection: clinical practice guidelines by the infectious diseases Society of America.Clin Infect Dis. 2013; 56: e1-e25https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/cis803
- Culturing periprosthetic joint infection: number of samples, growth duration, and organisms.J Arthroplasty. 2018 Nov; 33: 3531-3536.e1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2018.06.018
- Economic burden of periprosthetic joint infection in the United States.J Arthroplasty. 2012; 27: 61-65.e1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2012.02.022
- Safe selection of outpatient joint arthroplasty patients with medical risk stratification: the “Outpatient Arthroplasty Risk Assessment Score.”.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 2325-2331https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2017.03.004
- Inpatient versus outpatient total knee arthroplasty.J Knee Surg. 2019; 32: 730-735https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0039-1683935
- Periprosthetic joint infection: the incidence, timing, and predisposing factors.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008; 466: 1710-1715https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-008-0209-4
- Hospital Adjusted Expenses per Inpatient Day.2017https://www.kff.org/health-costs/state-indicator/expenses-per-inpatient-day/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D([accessed 20.11.19])
- The CRIOAc healthcare network in France: a nationwide Health Ministry program to improve the management of bone and joint infection.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2019; 105: 185-190https://doi.org/10.1016/j.otsr.2018.09.016
- 2018 Infectious Diseases Society of America clinical practice guideline for the management of outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy.Clin Infect Dis. 2019; 68: e1-e35https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciy745
- Culture-negative periprosthetic joint infection.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: 430-436https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.L.01793
- Predictive factors of hospital length of stay in patients with operatively treated ankle fractures.J Orthop Traumatol. 2013; 15: 255-258https://doi.org/10.1007/s10195-013-0280-9
- Use of articulating spacer technique in revision total knee arthroplasty complicated by sepsis: a systematic meta-analysis.Orthopedics. 2017; 40: 212-220https://doi.org/10.3928/01477447-20170208-06
- Patient compliance with clinical follow-up after total joint arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008; 90: 1848-1854https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.G.00856
This article is published as part of a supplement supported by an educational grant from OsteoRemedies, LLC .
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.10.056.