Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Antibiotic-impregnated PMMA hip spacers: current status.Acta Orthop. 2006; 77: 628-637
- Long-term elution of antibiotics from bone-cement: an in vivo study using the prosthesis of antibiotic-loaded acrylic cement (PROSTALAC) system.J Arthroplasty. 1998; 13: 331-338
- Hip instability in 2-stage reimplantation without an articulating spacer.J Arthroplasty. 2007; 22: 156-161
- Preliminary results of a novel spacer technique in the management of septic revision hip arthroplasty.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2018; 138: 1617-1622
- Two-stage revision arthroplasty of the hip for infection using an interim articulated Prostalac hip spacer: a 10- to 15-year follow-up study.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009; 91: 1431-1437
- Does a prefabricated gentamicin-impregnated, load-bearing spacer control periprosthetic hip infection?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2012; 470: 2724-2729
- Effect of varying surface patterns on antibiotic elution from antibiotic-loaded bone cement.J Arthroplasty. 1995; 10: 453-459
- Risk factors and a prognostic model of hip periprosthetic infection recurrence after surgical treatment using articulating and non-articulating spacers.Int Orthop. 2016; 40: 1381-1387
- Similar rate of infection eradication for functional articulating, prefabricated and custom-made spacers in 2-stage revision of the infected total hip: a literature review.Hip Int. 2016; 26: 319-326
- Hip and knee section, fungal periprosthetic joint infection, diagnosis and treatment: proceedings of international consensus on orthopedic infections.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: S387-S391
This article is published as part of a supplement supported by an educational grant from OsteoRemedies, LLC.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.11.007.