Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Late dislocation following total hip arthroplasty: spinopelvic imbalance as a causative factor.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018; 100: 1845-1853
- 2018 Frank Stinchfield Award: spinopelvic hypermobility is associated with an inferior outcome after THA: examining the effect of spinal arthrodesis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2019; 477: 310-321
- Lumbar fusion involving the sacrum increases dislocation risk in primary total hip arthroplasty.Bone Joint J. 2019; 101–B: 198-206
- Variation in functional pelvic tilt in patients undergoing total hip arthroplasty.Bone Joint J. 2017; 99–B: 184-191
- A preoperative workup of a “hip-spine” total hip arthroplasty patient: a simplified approach to a complex problem.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: S57-S70
- Does degenerative lumbar spine disease influence femoroacetabular flexion in patients undergoing total hip arthroplasty?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016; 474: 1788-1797
- Spinopelvic mobility and acetabular component position for total hip arthroplasty.Bone Joint J. 2017; 99–B: 37-45
- Predictability of acetabular component angular change with postural shift from standing to sitting position.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: 978-986
- Dislocation of a primary total hip arthroplasty is more common in patients with a lumbar spinal fusion.Bone Joint J. 2017; 99–B: 585-591
- Abnormally high dislocation rates of total hip arthroplasty after spinal deformity surgery.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 2884-2885
- Total hip arthroplasty patients with fixed spinopelvic alignment are at higher risk of hip dislocation.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 1449-1454
- Multivariable prognostic models: issues in developing models, evaluating assumptions and adequacy, and measuring and reducing errors.Stat Med. 1996; 15: 361-387
- The use of the Oxford hip and knee scores.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2007; 89: 1010-1014
- Validity and reliability of the metric measurements in the assessment of lumbar spine motion in patients with ankylosing spondylitis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2012; 37: E1189-E1196
- Radiographical spinopelvic parameters and disability in the setting of adult spinal deformity: a prospective multicenter analysis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2013; 38: E803-E812
- Risk factors for increased sagittal pelvic motion causing unfavourable orientation of the acetabular component in patients undergoing total hip arthroplasty.Bone Joint J. 2018; 100–B: 845-852
- What preoperative factors predict postoperative sitting pelvic position one year following total hip arthroplasty?.Bone Joint J. 2018; 100–B: 1289-1296
- Functional safe zone is superior to the Lewinnek safe zone for total hip arthroplasty: why the Lewinnek safe zone is not always predictive of stability.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 3-8
- The current knowledge on spinopelvic mobility.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 291-296
Conflict of interests: The authors declare that they have no financial or other interest in the products or distributor of the products related to this study. The authors do not have other kinds of associations, such as consultancies, stock ownership, or other equity interests or patent-licensing arrangements.
Ethical review committee statement: Institutional Review Board approved the study.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2020.02.029.