Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Total knee arthroplasty in the younger patient.J Knee Surg. 2017; 30: 555-559
- Projections and epidemiology of revision hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States to 2030.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: S79-S85
- Future young patient demand for primary and revision joint replacement: national projections from 2010 to 2030.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009; 467: 2606-2612
- Current failure mechanisms after knee arthroplasty have changed: polyethylene wear is less common in revision surgery.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2015; 97: 715-720
- Current modes of failure in TKA: infection, instability, and stiffness predominate.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 2197-2200
- Total knee arthroplasty in patients less than 50 years of age: results at a mean of 13 years.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 2392-2397
- Have the causes of revision for total and unicompartmental knee arthroplasties changed during the past two decades?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017; 475: 1874-1886
- Long-term results of total knee arthroplasty in young and active patients with posterior stabilized design.Knee. 2016; 23: 318-321
- High level of residual symptoms in young patients after total knee arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 133-137
- The effect of patient age at intervention on risk of implant revision after total replacement of the hip or knee: a population-based cohort study.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1424-1430
- Midterm assessment of causes and results of revision total knee arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010; 468: 1221-1228
- Long-term survival rate of implants and modes of failure after revision total knee arthroplasty by a single surgeon.J Arthroplasty. 2013; 28: 1130-1134
- Failure of aseptic revision total knee arthroplasties.Acta Orthop. 2015; 86: 48-57
- Failure following revision total knee arthroplasty: infection is the major cause.Int Orthop. 2011; 35: 1157-1164
- Contemporary revision total knee arthroplasty in patients younger than 50 years: 1 in 3 risk of re-revision by 10 years.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: S266-S270
- Revision total knee arthroplasty in the young patient: is there trouble on the horizon?.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: 536-542
- Why do revision knee arthroplasties fail?.J Arthroplasty. 2008; 23: 99-103
- The epidemiology of revision total knee arthroplasty in the United States.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010; 468: 45-51
- Tobacco use and risk of wound complications and periprosthetic joint infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis of primary total joint arthroplasty procedures.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 385-396.e4
- What is the impact of smoking on revision total knee arthroplasty?.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: S172-S176
- Younger age is associated with a higher risk of early periprosthetic joint infection and aseptic mechanical failure after total knee arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: 529-535
- Are younger patients undergoing TKAs appropriately characterized as active?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 1210-1216
- Factors predicting repeat revision and outcome after aseptic revision total knee arthroplasty: results from the New Zealand Joint Registry.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00167-020-05985-8
- Increased risk of failure following revision total knee replacement in patients aged 55 years and younger.Bone Joint J. 2014; 96-B: 1657-1662
Funding: No external funding was used in the execution of this study. This study was approved and executed under approval by the University of Missouri Institutional Review Board (#2017063).
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2020.08.052.