Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Arthroplasty
- Poliomyelitis and the post-polio syndrome.BMJ. 2005; 330: 1314-1318
- Mandell, Douglas, and Bennett’s Principles and Practice of Infectious Diseases.8th ed. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA2014
- Comprehensive review of challenges associated with management of lower limb fractures in poliomyelitis patients.J Clinorthop Trauma. 2016; 7: 276-281https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcot.2016.08.007
- Paralytic hip instability in poliomyelitis.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1986; 68: 528-533
- Epidemiology of dislocation after total hip arthroplasty.Clinorthoprelat Res. 2006; 447: 9-18
- Total hip arthroplasty performed in patients with residual poliomyelitis: does it work?.Clinorthoprelat Res. 2014; 472: 933-940
- Total hip arthroplasty in paralytic dislocation from poliomyelitis.Orthopedics. 2008; 31: 179https://doi.org/10.3928/01477447-20080201-16
- Dissociation of the femoral head and trunnion after constrained conversion total hip arthroplasty for poliomyelitis.J Arthroplasty. 2007; 22: 634-637https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2006.05.011
- The neuromuscularly challenged patient: total hip Arthroplasty is now an option.Bone Joint J. 2014; 96-B: 27-31https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.96B11.34346
- Large diameter metal on metal total hip arthroplasty for femoral neck fractures with neurological conditions: a retrospective assessment.Indian J Orthop. 2014; 48: 605-611https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5413.144236
- Total hip arthroplasty in patients with neuromuscular disease.Instr Course Lect. 2000; 49: 163-168
- Medium-term effectiveness of total hip arthroplasty with straight tapered rectangular femoral prosthesis.Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2013; 27: 594
- Total hip arthroplasty in patients of post-polio residual paralysis: a retrospective case series.Indian J Orthop. 2017; 51: 434-439https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5413.209951
- Unusual MRI findings in a polio survivor.Case Rep Orthop. 2016; : 3179621https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/317962
- Total hip arthroplasty for the paralytic and non-paralytic side in patient with residual poliomyelitis.Open Orthop J. 2016; : 10105-10110https://doi.org/10.2174/1874325001610010105
- Total hip arthroplasty for patients with residual poliomyelitis at a mean eight years of follow-up.Acta Med Okayama. 2018; 72: 17-22https://doi.org/10.18926/AMO/55658
- Long-term outcome of unconstrained primary total hip arthroplasty in ipsilateral residual poliomyelitis.Orthopedics. 2017; 40: e255-e261https://doi.org/10.3928/01477447-20161108-03
- Total hip replacement in a limb severely affected by paralytic poliomyelitis.Can J Surg. 1995; 38: 386
- Outcome after cementless total hip arthroplasty for arthritis hip in patients with residual poliomyelitis: a case series.Hip Int. 2016; 26: 458-461https://doi.org/10.5301/hipint.5000372
- Total hip arthroplasty in patients affected by poliomyelitis.Bone Joint J. 2018; 100-B: 733-739https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.100B6.BJJ-2018-0127.R1
- Outcomes of total hip replacement in limbs affected by poliomyelitis.Hip Int. 2017; 27: 198-204https://doi.org/10.5301/hipint.5000451
- Low incidence of osteoarthrosis in hip and knee after anterior poliomyelitis: a late review.BMJ. 1966; 2: 739-742
- Lower rates of dislocation with increased femoral head size after primary total hip arthroplasty: a five-year analysis of NHS patients in England.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011; 93-B: 876-880
- Constrained liner in neurologic or cognitively impaired patients undergoing primary THA.Clinorthoprelat Res. 2010; 468: 3255-3262
- Fusion takedown: can be a let-down.Orthopedics. 2007; 30: 758-759https://doi.org/10.3928/01477447-20070901-10
- Long-term results of tripolar constrained total hip arthroplasty in revision hip arthroplasty: a minimum follow-up of ten years.Bone Joint J. 2019; 101-B: 123-126https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.101B6.BJJ-2018-1484.R1
- Total knee Arthroplasty in limbs affected by poliomyelitis.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2002; 84: 1157-1161
Trial Registration number: Registered with PROSPERO and bears number ID:11582.
Date registered: Submitted on September 28, 2020, Registration pending.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2021.01.046.
Funding statement: The authors have not declared a specific grant for this research from any funding agency in the public, commercial or not-for-profit sectors.
Competing interests: None declared.
Conflict of interest: The authors declare no conflict of interest.
Statement of ethics: The current submitted article is a systematic review and did not involve patients.
Patient consent for publication: Not required.