Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The Journal of Arthroplasty
- Epidemiology of periprosthetic fracture of the femur in 32 644 primary total hip arthroplasties: a 40-year experience.Bone Joint J. 2016; 98-B: 461-467
- Epidemiology: hip and knee.Orthop Clin North Am. 1999; 30: 183-190
- Periprosthetic femoral fractures in total hip arthroplasty.Hip Int. 2014; 24: 556-567
- Impact of femoral stem design on failure after anterior approach total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 800-804
- Direct anterior approach and perioperative fracture with a single-taper wedge femoral component.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 145-150
- Risk factors for perioperative femoral fractures: cementless femoral implants and the direct anterior approach using a fracture table.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 2013-2018
- A calcar collar is protective against early periprosthetic femoral fracture around cementless femoral components in primary total hip arthroplasty: a registry study with biomechanical validation.Bone Joint J. 2019; 101-B: 779-786
- Risk factors for intraoperative periprosthetic femoral fractures during primary total hip arthroplasty. An analysis from the national joint registry for England and Wales and the Isle of Man.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 3065-30673.e1
- Principles of treatment for periprosthetic femoral shaft fractures around well-fixed total hip arthroplasty.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2009; 17: 677-688
- Incidence and predisposing factors of periprosthetic proximal femoral fractures: a literature review.Int Orthop. 2015; 39: 1673-1682
- A calcar collar is protective against early torsional/spiral periprosthetic femoral fracture: a paired cadaveric biomechanical analysis.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2020; 102: 1427-1433
- Do mortality and complication rates differ between periprosthetic and native hip fractures?.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 1914-1918
- Periprosthetic hip fractures: a review of the economic burden based on length of stay.J Orthop. 2018; 15: 118-121
- The national burden of periprosthetic hip fractures in the US: costs and risk factors for hospital readmission.Hip Int. 2019; 29: 550-557
- A comparison between the direct anterior and posterior approaches for total hip arthroplasty: the role of an 'Enhanced Recovery' pathway.Bone Joint J. 2016; 98-B: 754-760
- Is the anterior approach safe? Early complication rate associated with 5090 consecutive primary total hip arthroplasty procedures performed using the anterior approach.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 2291-2294
- Fractures of the femur after hip replacement.Instr Course Lect. 1995; 44: 293-304
- Risk of periprosthetic fractures with direct anterior primary total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 2295-2298
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors. The Inova Health System provides financial support for the Anderson Orthopedic Research Institute (AORI) but does not restrict or define the scope of the research undertaken by AORI.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2021.02.012.