Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Topical vancomycin powder and dilute povidone-iodine lavage reduce the rate of early periprosthetic joint infection after primary total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 36: 286-290.e1
- The economic impact of periprosthetic infections after total hip arthroplasty at a specialized tertiary-care center.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1422-1426
- The economic impact of periprosthetic infections following total knee arthroplasty at a specialized tertiary-care center.J Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 929-932
- Infection burden for hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States.J Arthroplasty. 2008; 23: 984-991
- Economic burden of periprosthetic joint infection in the United States.J Arthroplasty. 2012; 27: 61-65.e1
- Are We Winning or losing the Battle with periprosthetic joint infection: Trends in periprosthetic joint infection and mortality risk for the Medicare population.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 3238-3245
- Risk factors for surgical site infection following total joint arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: e158
- What are the Frequency, associated factors, and mortality of amputation and arthrodesis after a failed infected TKA?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017; 475: 2905-2913
- Direct inpatient medical costs of operative treatment of periprosthetic hip and knee infections are Twofold higher than those of aseptic revisions.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2020; 103: 312-318
- Two-stage treatment of hip periprosthetic joint infection is associated with a high rate of infection control but high mortality.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013; 471: 510-518
- Removal of an infected total hip arthroplasty: risk factors for Repeat debridement, long-term spacer retention, and mortality.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 2519-2522
- Are Ceramic Bearings Becoming cost-effective for all patients?.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 1352-1358
- Which hospital and clinical factors Drive 30- and 90-day readmission after TKA?.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 2099-2107
- Has health care reform legislation reduced the economic burden of hospital readmissions following primary total joint arthroplasty?.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 3274-3285
- Projected economic burden of periprosthetic joint infection of the hip and knee in the United States.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 36: 1484-1489.e3
- Which clinical and patient factors influence the national economic burden of hospital readmissions after total joint arthroplasty?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017; 475: 2926
Each author certifies that all investigations were conducted in conformity with ethical principles of research.
This work was performed at Exponent, Inc., Philadelphia, PA, USA.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2021.10.018.