Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Projections of primary and revision hip and knee arthroplasty in the United States from 2005 to 2030.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 780-785
- Preventing hospital readmissions and limiting the complications associated with total joint arthroplasty.J Am Acad Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2015; 23: e60-e71
- Unplanned readmission after total joint arthroplasty: rates, reasons, and risk factors.JBJS. 2013; 95: 1869-1876
- Which clinical and patient factors influence the national economic burden of hospital readmissions after total joint arthroplasty?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017; 475: 2926-2937
- The effect of severity of disease on cost burden of 30-day readmissions following total joint arthroplasty (TJA).J Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 1545-1547
- Clinical outcomes and costs within 90 days of primary or revision total joint arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1400-1406.e3
- Characterization of re-admission and emergency department visits within 90 days following lower-extremity arthroplasty.Hss j. 2018; 14: 271-281
- Effect of posthospital syndrome on discharge disposition and healthcare utilization after primary total joint arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 613-620
- Predictive risk factors for 30-day readmissions following primary total joint arthroplasty and modification of patient management.J Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 1938-1942
- Impact of post-hospital syndrome on outcomes following elective, ambulatory surgery.Ann Surg. 2017; 266: 274-279
- Predictors of clinical outcomes after hip arthroscopy: a prospective analysis of 1038 patients with 2-year follow-up.Am J Sports Med. 2018; 46: 1324-1330
- Impact of comorbidities on outcome after total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 2755-2761
- Preoperative emergency department visits are predictive of 90-day postoperative emergency department visits and discharge Disposition in total knee arthroplasty patients.J Knee Surg. 2020;
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Elective primary total hip arthroplasty and total knee arthroplasty hospital-level risk-standarized complication measure. 2017.
- Development and validation of perioperative risk-adjustment models for hip fracture Repair, total hip arthroplasty, and total knee arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2016; 98: e2
- Can an arthroplasty risk score predict bundled care events after total joint arthroplasty?.Arthroplast Today. 2018; 4: 103-106
- Risk prediction tools for hip and knee arthroplasty.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2016; 24: 19-27
- Temporal trends and predictors of Thirty-day readmissions and emergency department visits following total knee arthroplasty in Ontario between 2003 and 2016.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 364-370
- Selective Early hospital discharge does not Increase readmission but Unnecessary Return to the emergency department is Excessive across Groups after primary total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1175-1178
- A consultation Phone service for patients with total joint arthroplasty may reduce Unnecessary emergency department visits.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 650-654
- Readmission and length of stay after total hip arthroplasty in a national medicare sample.J Arthroplasty. 2011; 26: 119-123
- Incidence, risk factors, and costs for hospital Returns after total joint arthroplasties.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 381-385
- The Michigan Surgical Home and Optimization Program is a scalable model to improve care and reduce costs.Surgery. 2017; 161: 1659-1666
- Better management of patients with Osteoarthritis: Development and Nationwide Implementation of an Evidence-based supported Osteoarthritis Self-management Programme.Musculoskeletal Care. 2015; 13: 67-75
Funding: This work was supported by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under award number R35GM133657 to SB. The funders had no role in study design, data collection and analysis, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2021.11.018.