Level of evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Arthroplasit totale de la hanche par prostheses en alumine fritte.Reparatrice Appar Mot. 1972; 58: 230-246
- Ceramic-on-ceramic total hip arthroplasty: update.J Arthroplasty. 2008; 23: 39-43
- Alumina-on-alumina THA performed in patients younger than 30 years: a 10-year minimum followup study.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2012; 470: 3530-3536
- Eleven- to 14-year follow-up results of cementless total hip arthroplasty using a third-generation alumina ceramic-on-ceramic bearing.J Arthroplasty. 2012; 27: 736-741
- Long-term results of 32-mm alumina-on-alumina THA for avascular necrosis of the femoral head.J Orthop Traumatol. 2012; 13: 21-27
- Long-term results of hybrid alumina-on-alumina total hip arthroplasty: 10–14-Year results.Semin Arthroplasty. 2013; 24: 202-205
- Cementless total hip arthroplasty with ceramic-on-ceramic bearing in patients younger than 45 years with femoral-head osteonecrosis.Int Orthop. 2010; 34: 1123-1127
- Third-generation alumina-on-alumina total hip arthroplasty: 14 to 16-year follow-up study.J Arthroplasty. 2015; 30: 411-415
- Mid-term results of third-generation alumina-on-alumina ceramic bearings in cementless total hip arthroplasty: a ten-year minimum follow-up.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012; 94: 138-144
- Clinical and radiographic evaluation of total hip replacement.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1990; 72: 161-168
- Alumina-alumina artificial hip joints. Part I: a histological analysis and characterisation of wear debris by laser capture microdissection of tissues retrieved at revision.Biomaterials. 2002; 23: 3429-3440
- Alumina-alumina artificial hip joints.Part II: characterisation of the wear debris from in vitro hip joint simulations.Biomaterials. 2002; 23: 3441-3448
- Osteolysis in association with a total hip arthroplasty Yoon.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1998; 80-A: 1459-1468
- Osteolysis in third-generation alumina ceramic-on-ceramic hip bearings with severe impingement and titanium metallosis.J Arthroplasty. 2008; 23: 1240.e13-9
- A Mid-term analysis suggesting ceramic on ceramic hip arthroplasty is durable with minimal wear and low risk of squeak.HSS J. 2012; 8: 291-294
- Third-generation alumina-on-alumina ceramic bearings in cementless total hip arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 12: 2676-2683
- Midterm results of large diameter Biolox forte ceramic head on Delta ceramic liner articulation in total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 2412-2414
- Squeaking in Ceramic-on-Ceramic hips, the importance of acetabular component orientation.J Arthroplasty. 2007; 22: 496-503
- The Noisy ceramic hip: is component malpositioning the cause?.J Arthroplasty. 2008; 23: 633-639
- The effect of stem design on the prevalence of squeaking following ceramic-on-ceramic bearing total hip arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010; 92: 550-557
- A randomised prospective evaluation of ceramic-on-ceramic and ceramic-on-highly cross-linked polyethylene bearings in the same patients with primary cementless total hip arthroplasty.Int Orthop. 2013; 37: 2131-2137
- High survivorship with a titanium-encased alumina ceramic bearing for total hip arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 611-616
- Primary cementless total hip arthroplasty with an alumina ceramic-on-ceramic bearing: results after a minimum of twenty years of follow-up.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010; 92: 639-644
- Alumina-on-aluminatotal hip arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2002; 84A: 69-77
- Long-term results of cementless hip arthroplasty with ceramic-on-ceramic articulation.Int Orthop. 2012; 36: 2225-2229
- Thirty years of experience with alumina-on-alumina bearings in total hip arthroplasty.Int Orthop. 2011; 35: 207-213
- Wear of novel ceramic-on-ceramic bearingsunder adverse and clinically relevant hip simulator conditions.J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2013; 101B: 1456-1462
- Breakage and noises in ceramic on ceramic couplings.Eur Orthop Traumatol. 2010; 1: 53-59
- A review of ceramic bearing materials in total joint arthroplasty.Hip Int. 2007; 17: 21-30
- The reliability of modern alumina bearings in total hip arthroplasty—update to a 2006 report.Semin Arthroplasty. 2013; 24: 193-201
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Investigation was performed at the Institute of Bone and Joint Research.
No direct external funding was received for this study.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2021.11.028.