Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Do joint registries report true rates of hip dislocation?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2012; 470: 3003-3006https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-012-2323-6
- Systemic corticosteroid therapy: side effects and their management.Br J Ophthalmol. 1998; 82: 704-708https://doi.org/10.1136/bjo.82.6.704
- What are the risk factors for infection in hemiarthroplasties and total hip arthroplasties?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010; 468: 3268-3277https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-010-1411-8
- The long-term outcome of hip replacement in adults with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: the influence of steroids and methotrexate.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011; 93: 443-448https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.93B4.26078
- Factors affecting readmission rates following primary total hip arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: 1201-1209https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.M.00556
- Does chronic corticosteroid use increase risks of readmission, thromboembolism, and revision after THA?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016; 474: 744-751https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-015-4605-2
- Incidence and risk factors of prosthetic joint infection after total hip or knee replacement in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.Arthritis Rheum. 2008; 59: 1713-1720https://doi.org/10.1002/art.24060
- Total hip arthroplasty in patients with chronic autoimmune inflammatory arthroplasties.Int J Rheum Dis. 2010; 13: 235-239https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1756-185X.2010.01477.x
- Control of cement penetration in total knee arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1984; 185: 155.e64
- Hemispheric titanium porous coated acetabular component without screw fixation.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1998; 351: 158-168https://doi.org/10.1097/00003086-199806000-00019
- Porous-coated hip replacement. The factors governing bone ingrowth, stress shielding, and clinical results.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1987; 69: 45-55https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.69B1.3818732
- NHSN surveillance definition of healthcare-associated infection and criteria for specific types of infection in the acute care setting.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD2013[Accessed 06.08.2019])
- Hip and knee section, diagnosis, definitions: proceedings of international consensus on orthopedic infections. Proceedings of international consensus on orthopedic infections.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: S329-S337https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2018.09.044
- Investigation of the freely available easy-to-use software “EZR” for medical statistics.Bone Marrow Transplant. 2013; 48: 452-458https://doi.org/10.1038/bmt.2012.244
- Complications and features after joint surgery in rheumatoid arthritis patients treated with tumour necrosis factor-alpha blockers: perioperative interruption of tumour necrosis factor-alpha blockers decreases complications?.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2010; 49: 341-347https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kep376
- Chronic corticosteroid use as a risk factor for perioperative complications in patients undergoing total joint arthroplasty.J Am Acad Orthop Surg Glob Respir Res. 2020; 4: e2000001
- The lifetime risk of revision following total hip arthroplasty.Bone Joint J. 2021; 103-B: 479-485https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.103B3.BJJ-2020-0562.R2
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
No author associated with this paper has disclosed any potential or pertinent conflicts which may be perceived to have impending conflict with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2021.12.032.