Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Preoperative physical optimization in fast-track hip and knee arthroplasty.Dan Med J. 2012; 59
Kee JR, Mears SC, Edwards PK, Lowry Barnes C. Revision Arthroplasty Modifiable Risk Factors Are Common in Early Revision Hip and Knee Arthroplasty 2017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2017.07.005.
- Rapid recovery protocols for primary total hip arthroplasty can safely reduce length of stay without increasing readmissions.J Arthroplasty. 2015; 30: 521-526https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2015.01.023
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services CMS-1693-F 2019. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/PhysicianFeeSched/PFS-Federal-Regulation-Notices-Items/CMS-1693-F (accessed August 20, 2021).
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services CMS-1734-P 2021. https://www.cms.gov/medicaremedicare-fee-service-paymentphysicianfeeschedpfs-federal-regulation-notices/cms-1734-p (accessed September 20, 2020).
Department of Health and Human Services 42 CFR Parts 414, 416 and 419, CMS-1678-FC. 2017.
Department of Health and Human Services 42 CFR Parts 414, 416, and 419, CMS 1717-FC. 2019.
- Total Knee Replacement: The Inpatient-Only List and the Two Midnight Rule, Patient Impact, Length of Stay, Compliance Solutions, Audits, and Economic Consequences.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: S28-32https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2020.01.007
Yates AJ, Kerr JM, Froimson MI, Della Valle CJ, Huddleston JI. The Unintended Impact of the Removal of Total Knee Arthroplasty From the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services Inpatient-Only List 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2018.09.043.
- Team Approach: Perioperative Optimization for Total Joint Arthroplasty.JBJS Rev. 2018; 6: e4https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.RVW.17.00147
- Surgeons’ Preoperative Work Burden Has Increased Before Total Joint Arthroplasty: A Survey of AAHKS Members.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 0https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2020.01.079
- Quantifying Surgeon Work in Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty: Where Do We Stand Today?.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 1170-1173https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.12.006
- Quantifying the Perioperative Work Associated With Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty: The Burden Has Increased With Contemporary Care Pathways.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 2528-2531https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.06.039
- Substantial Preoperative Work Is Unaccounted for in Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 2318-2322https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2020.04.066
Mohler SA, Mears SC, Kathiresan AR, Lowry Barnes C, Stambough JB. Electronic Medical Record Audit Time Logs as a Measure of Preoperative Work Before Total Joint Arthroplasty 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2021.01.050.
Traven SA, Reeves RA, Slone HS, Walton ZJ. Revision Arthroplasty Frailty Predicts Medical Complications, Length of Stay, Readmission, and Mortality in Revision Hip and Knee Arthroplasty 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.02.060.
- Revision Hip Arthroplasty: Infection is the Most Common Cause of Failure.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010; 468 (2010 4688): 2046-2051https://doi.org/10.1007/S11999-010-1251-6
- Primary and revision hip arthroplasty: 5-year outcomes and influence of age and comorbidity.J Rheumatol. 2007; 34
- Brief questions to identify patients with inadequate health literacy.Fam Med. 2004; 36: 588-594
- Brief health literacy screening items predict Newest Vital Sign scores.J Am Board Fam Med. 2013; 26: 558-565https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2013.05.130096
- Patient Health Literacy and Diabetic Foot Amputations.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2019; 58: 877-879https://doi.org/10.1053/j.jfas.2018.12.038
- Health literacy and surgery expectations in total hip and knee arthroplasty patients.Patient Educ Couns. 2018; 101: 1823-1827https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2018.05.021
- Electronic Medical Record Audit Time Logs as a Measure of Preoperative Work Before Total Joint Arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: 2250-2253https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2021.01.050
- Should all hip and knee prosthetic joints be aspirated prior to revision surgery?.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2021; 141 (2021 1413): 461-468https://doi.org/10.1007/S00402-021-03791-6
- Perioperative Telephone Encounters Should Be Included in the Relative Value Scale Update Committee Review of Time Spent on Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 1563-1569https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.05.010