Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Anesthesia and Analgesia Practices in Total Joint Arthroplasty: A Survey of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons Membership.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34 (7.e2): 2872
- PENG block and LIA as a possible anesthesia technique for total hip arthroplasty.J Anesth. 2020; 34: 472-475
- Postoperative pain treatment after total hip arthroplasty: a systematic review.Pain. 2015; 156: 8-30
- Procedure-specific pain management and outcome strategies.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2014; 28: 191-201
- Management of postoperative pain: a clinical practice guideline from the american pain society, the american society of regional anesthesia and pain medicine, and the american society of anesthesiologists’ committee on regional anesthesia, executive committee, and administrative council.J Pain. 2016; 17: 131-157
- Peripheral nerve blocks for elective primary total hip arthroplasty: Have we yet found the optimal solution?.J Clin Anesth. 2020; 67: 109964
- A longitudinal supra-inguinal Fascia iliaca compartment block reduces morphine consumption after total hip arthroplasty.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2017; 42: 327-333
- Lumbar plexus block versus suprainguinal fascia iliaca block for total hip arthroplasty: a single-blinded, randomized trial.J Clin Anesth. 2020; 66: 109907
- Fascia iliaca compartment blocks: different techniques and review of the literature.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2019; 33: 57-66
- Advances in regional anaesthesia and acute pain management: a narrative review.Anaesthesia. 2020; 75: e101-e110
- Ultrasound-Guided Quadratus Lumborum Block: An Updated Review of Anatomy and Techniques.Biomed Res Int. 2017; 2017: 1-7
- Ultrasound-guided supra-iliac anterior quadratus lumborum block provides effective perioperative analgesia for total hip arthroplasty.J Clin Anesth. 2020; 59: 2
- Ultrasound-Guided Transmuscular Quadratus Lumborum Block Reduces Postoperative Pain Intensity in Patients Undergoing Total Hip Arthroplasty: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial.Pain Res Manag. 2020; 2020: 1-8
- The effect of post-operative ultrasound-guided transmuscular quadratus lumborum block on post-operative analgesia after hip arthroplasty in elderly patients: A randomised controlled double-blind study.Indian J Anaesth. 2020; 64: 887-893
- The impact of ultrasound-guided transmuscular quadratus lumborum block combined with local infiltration analgesia for arthroplasty on postoperative pain relief.J Clin Anesth. 2021 Oct; 73: 110372
- A longitudinal supra-inguinal fascia iliaca compartment block reduces morphine consumption after total hip arthroplasty.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2017; 42: 327-333
- Measures of adult pain: Visual Analog Scale for Pain (VAS Pain), Numeric Rating Scale for Pain (NRS Pain), McGill Pain Questionnaire (MPQ), Short-Form McGill Pain Questionnaire (SF-MPQ), Chronic Pain Grade Scale (CPGS), Short Form-36 Bodily Pain Scale (SF-36 BPS), and Measure of Intermittent and Constant Osteoarthritis Pain (ICOAP).Arthritis care & research. 2011; 63: S240-252
- Minimal clinically important differences in randomised clinical trials on pain management after total hip and knee arthroplasty: a systematic review.Br J Anaesth. 2021; 126: 1029-1037
- Total hip arthroplasty as an overnight-stay procedure using an ambulatory continuous psoas compartment nerve block: a prospective feasibility study.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2006; 31: 113-118
- Is Outpatient Total Hip Arthroplasty Safe?.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 1439-1442
- Perioperative Pain Management in Hip and Knee Arthroplasty.Orthop Clin North Am. 2017 Oct; 48: 407-419
- Nerve blocks or no nerve blocks for pain control after elective hip replacement (arthroplasty) surgery in adults.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 10: CD011608
- An integrative review of multimodal pain management on patient recovery after total hip and knee arthroplasty.Int J Nurs Stud. 2019 Oct; 98: 94-106
- The impact of peripheral nerve blocks on perioperative outcome in hip and knee arthroplasty-a population-based study.Pain. 2016; 157: 2341-2349
- Fascia iliaca compartment block reduces pain and opioid consumption after total hip arthroplasty: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Int J Surg. 2019 May; 65: 70-79
- Comparison of conventional infrainguinal versus modified proximal suprainguinal approach of Fascia Iliaca Compartment Block for postoperative analgesia in Total Hip Arthroplasty. A prospective randomized study.Acta Anaesthesiol Belg. 2015; 66: 95-100
- Anterior quadratus lumborum block analgesia for total hip arthroplasty: a randomized, controlled study.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2019 Oct 25; (rapm-2019-100804)
- Transmuscular Quadratus Lumborum Block Reduces Length of Stay in Patients Receiving Total Hip Arthroplasty.Anesth Pain Med. 2018 Nov 20; 8e80233
- Transmuscular Quadratus Lumborum and Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve Block in Total Hip Arthroplasty.Clin J Pain. 2021 May 1; 37: 366-371
- Dose adductor canal block combined with local infiltration analgesia has a synergistic effect than adductor canal block alone in total knee arthroplasty: a meta-analysis and systematic review.J Orthop Surg Res. 2019 Apr 11; 14: 101
- Addition of Infiltration Between the Popliteal Artery and the Capsule of the Posterior Knee and Adductor Canal Block to Periarticular Injection Enhances Postoperative Pain Control in Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Randomized Controlled Trial.Anesthesia and analgesia. 2019; 129: 526-535
- Ultrasound-guided supra-inguinal fascia iliaca block: a cadaveric evaluation of a novel approach.Anaesthesia. 2011; 66: 300-305
- Ultrasound-guided suprainguinal fascia iliaca compartment block versus periarticular infiltration for pain management after total hip arthroplasty: a randomized controlled trial.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2019 Feb; 44: 206-211
- Randomized comparison between pericapsular nerve group (PENG) block and suprainguinal fascia iliaca block for total hip arthroplasty.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2021 Jul 20; (rapm-2021-102997)
- Quadratus lumborum block :are we aware of its side effects? A report of 2 cases.Rev Bras Anestesiol. 2017; (pii:S0034-7094(17) 30275-1)
- Time course of action and pharmacokinetics of ropivacaine in adult and elderly patients following combined lumbar plexus-sciatic nerve block.Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010 Sep; 48: 608-613
- Transmuscular Quadratus Lumborum Block versus Suprainguinal Fascia Iliaca Block for Hip Arthroplasty: A Randomized, Controlled Pilot Study.Local Reg Anesth. 2021 Apr 20; 14: 67-74
- A Longitudinal Supra-Inguinal Fascia Iliaca Compartment Block Reduces Morphine Consumption After Total Hip Arthroplasty.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2017 May/Jun; 42: 327-333
- Ultrasound-Guided Suprainguinal Fascia Iliaca Technique Provides Benefit as an Analgesic Adjunct for Patients Undergoing Total Hip Arthroplasty.J Ultrasound Med. 2017 Feb; 36: 433-438
- Workability and Muscle Strength in Patients With Seropositive Rheumatoid Arthritis: Survey Study Protocol.JMIR Res Protoc. 2017; 6: e36
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Qiuru Wang and Jian Hu contributed equally to this work and should be regarded as first co-authors.
Conﬂict of interest: The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Ethical review committee statement: This study was approved by the Clinical Trials and Biomedical Ethics Committee of Sichuan University West China Hospital, and written informed consents were obtained from all participants.
Clinical trial registration number: ChiCTR2100048707 (Date of registration: July 13, 2021).