Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The American joint replacement registry-the first 5 years.Arthroplast Today. 2017; 3: 67-69
- Complications of morbid obesity in total joint arthroplasty: risk stratification based on BMI.J Arthroplasty. 2015; 30: 42-46
- Diagnosis and treatment of hip and knee osteoarthritis: a review.JAMA. 2021; 325: 568-578
- The health effects of overweight and obesity.[accessed 13.04.22])
- Obesity treatments.[accessed 13.04.22])
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Performance Measurement.RTI Press, Research Triangle Park, NC2015 (Types of Patient-Reported Outcomes)
- Advances in patient-reported outcomes: the NIH PROMIS((R)) measures.EGEMS (Wash DC). 2013; 1: 1015
- Weight patterns before and after total joint arthroplasty and characteristics associated with weight change.Perm J. 2014; 18: 25-31
- Weight and body mass index change after total joint arthroplasty.Orthopedics. 2010; 33: 386
- The impact of body mass index on patient reported outcome measures (PROMs) and complications following primary hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 1889-1898
- Obesity increases risk of failure to achieve the 1-year PROMIS PF-10a minimal clinically important difference following total joint arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: S184-S191
- Variations in good patient reported outcomes after total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2015; 30: 1364-1371
- Complication rates and resource utilization after total hip and knee arthroplasty stratified by body mass index.J Orthop. 2021; 24: 111-120
- The incidence of hip arthroscopy in patients with femoroacetabular impingement syndrome and labral pathology increased by 85% between 2011 and 2018 in the United States.Arthroscopy. 2022; 38: 82-87
- The effect of BMI on 30 day outcomes following total joint arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2015; 30: 1113-1117
- Association between body mass index and thirty-day complications after total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 865-871
- Association between body mass index change and outcome in the first year after total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2015; 30: 206-209
- Weight change following knee and hip joint arthroplasty-a six-month prospective study of adults with osteoarthritis.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2015; 16: 137
- Delineating the impact of obesity and its relationship on recovery after total joint arthroplasties.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2012; 20: 511-518
- Preoperative nonsurgical weight loss interventions before total hip and knee arthroplasty: a systematic review.J Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: 3796-3806.e8
- Weight loss intervention before total knee replacement: a 12-month Randomized Controlled Trial.Scand J Surg. 2021; 110: 3-12
- Nutritional counseling program for morbidly obese patients Enables weight Optimization for Safe total joint arthroplasty.Orthopedics. 2020; 43: e316-e322
- Influence of a meal-replacement diet on quality of life in women with obesity and knee osteoarthritis before orthopedic surgery.Nutr Hosp. 2018; 35: 71-77
All work performed at Anne Arundel Medical Center.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2022.04.029.