Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Projected volume of primary total joint arthroplasty in the U.S., 2014 to 2030.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018; 100: 1455-1460https://doi.org/10.2106/jbjs.17.01617
- Preoperative PROMIS scores predict postoperative promis score improvement for patients undergoing hand surgery.Hand (N Y). 2020; 15: 185-193https://doi.org/10.1177/1558944718791188
- Preoperative PROMIS scores predict postoperative outcomes after primary ACL reconstruction.Orthop J Sports Med. 2018; 6 (2325967118771286)https://doi.org/10.1177/2325967118771286
- Preoperative PROMIS scores predict postoperative PROMIS score improvement for patients undergoing hand surgery.Hand (N Y). 2020; 15 (Epub 2018 Aug 3): 185-193https://doi.org/10.1177/1558944718791188
- Preoperative Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) scores predict postoperative outcome in total shoulder arthroplasty patients.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2019; 28: 547-554https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2018.08.040
- Early experience and results using Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System scores in primary total hip and knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 2313-2318https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.05.044
- Can preoperative patient-reported outcome measures be used to predict meaningful improvement in function after TKA?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017; 475: 149-157https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-016-4770-y
- Value-based healthcare: patient-reported outcomes in clinical decision making.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2016; 474 (Epub 2016 Apr 6): 1375-1378https://doi.org/10.1007/s11999-016-4813-4
- Implementing a scientifically valid, cost-effective, and scalable data collection system at point of care: the cleveland clinic OME cohort.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2019; 101: 458-464https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.18.00767
- Establishing minimum clinically important difference values for the Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System Physical Function, hip disability and osteoarthritis outcome score for joint reconstruction, and knee injury and osteoarthritis outcome score for joint reconstruction in orthopaedics.World J Orthop. 2018; 9: 41-49https://doi.org/10.5312/wjo.v9.i3.41
- Impact of smoking cessation counseling prior to total joint arthroplasty.Orthopedics. 2017; 40: e323-e328https://doi.org/10.3928/01477447-20161219-02
- Tobacco smoking independently predicts lower patient-reported outcomes: new insights on a forgotten epidemic.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: S144-S147https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2018.10.036
- Patient perspectives on smoking cessation and interventions in rheumatology clinics.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2020; 72: 369-377https://doi.org/10.1002/acr.23858
- Does preoperative rehabilitation for patients planning to undergo joint replacement surgery improve outcomes? A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.BMJ Open. 2016; 6: e009857https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2015-009857
- The effect of prehabilitation on postoperative outcome in patients following primary total knee arthroplasty.Med Arch. 2018; 72: 439-443https://doi.org/10.5455/medarh.2018.72.439-443
- Trends in Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System scores exist between day of surgical scheduling and day of surgery.Arthroscopy. 2022; 38: 139-144https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arthro.2021.05.063
Funding Support: Internal.
Conflicts of Interest: J.J.D is on the editorial or governing board of Arthroplasty Today and the Journal of Arthroplasty; ECM is a committee member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, paid consultant for Smith and Nephew, receives financial support from Springer, and is a paid presenter for Xodus Medical.
The study was approved by the Henry Ford Hospital Institutional Review Board.
All authors contributed to the literature review, writing, and editing of each section of this manuscript.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2022.05.046.