Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- AAOS Updates clinical practice guideline for Osteoarthritis of the knee.https://www.aaos.org/aaos-home/newsroom/press-releases/aaos-updates-clinical-practice-guideline-for-osteoarthritis-of-the-knee/([accessed 28.11.21])
- Cost of Osteoarthritis.[accessed 28.11.21])
- Understanding randomised controlled trials.Arch Dis Child. 2005; 90: 840-844
- Harms.[accessed 08.02.22])
- Reporting of harm in randomized controlled trials published in the urological literature.J Urol. 2010; 183: 1693-1697
- Balancing benefits and harms in health care.BMJ. 2003; 327: 65-66
- Reporting of harm and safety results in randomized controlled trials published in 5 dermatology journals.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017; 77: 98-104.e1
- The quality of safety reporting in trials is still suboptimal: survey of major general medical journals.J Clin Epidemiol. 2011; 64: 124-135
- Reporting of complications in retinal detachment surgical trials: a systematic review using the CONSORT extension for harms.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaophthalmol.2021.1836
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations- US Department of health and human Services’ Code of Federal Regulation 45 CFR 46.102(d). Title 45, Subtitle A, Subchapter A, Part 46; 137-140.https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieveECFR?gp=&SID=83cd09e1c0f5c6937cd9d7513160fc3f&pitd=20180719&n=pt45.1.46&r=PART&ty=HTML#se45.1.46_1102 in effect([accessed 19.07.18])
- Guidelines for reporting meta-epidemiological methodology research.Evid Based Med. 2017; 22: 139-142
- Prisma.in: D’Errico M. Distributed space missions for earth system monitoring. Springer, New York2013: 599-637
- OrthoGuidelines. OrthoGuidelines.[accessed 30.12.19])
- http://icmje.org/recommendations/browse/publishing-and-editorial-issues/clinical-trial-registration.html([accessed 03.06.21])
- Effect of editors’ implementation of CONSORT guidelines on the reporting of abstracts in high impact medical journals: interrupted time series analysis.BMJ. 2012; 344: e4178
- Intervention reporting of published trials is insufficient in orthopaedic surgery journals: application of the template for intervention description and replication checklist.Arthrosc Sports Med Rehabil. 2021; 3: e619-e627
- Conducting interrupted time-series analysis for single- and multiple-group comparisons.Stata J. 2015; 15: 480-500https://doi.org/10.1177/1536867x1501500208
- Update on the endorsement of CONSORT by high impact factor journals: a survey of journal “Instructions to Authors” in 2014.Trials. 2016; 17: 301
- Consort 2010.[accessed 10.02.22])
- Reporting of harms data in RCTs: a systematic review of empirical assessments against the CONSORT harms extension.BMJ Open. 2013; 3: e003436
- Understanding adverse events: human factors.Qual Health Care. 1995; 4: 80-89
- The detection of new adverse drug reactions. Macmillan international higher education.ACP Journals, Philadelphia1988
- Brief communication: better ways to question patients about adverse medical events: a randomized, controlled trial.Ann Intern Med. 2006; 144: 257-261
- Reporting of adverse events in published and unpublished studies of health care interventions: a systematic review.PLoS Med. 2016; 13: e1002127
- Does use of the CONSORT Statement impact the completeness of reporting of randomised controlled trials published in medical journals? A Cochrane review.Syst Rev. 2012; 1: 60
- What is a serious adverse event? U.S. food and drug administration.[accessed 14.02.22])
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2022.06.004.
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.