Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Abductor dysfunction and related sciatic nerve palsy, a new complication of metal-on-metal arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2012; 27: 1414.e13-1414.e15
- Outcome of Re-revision surgery for adverse local tissue reaction in metal-on-polyethylene and metal-on-metal total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: S284-S288
- Diagnosis and treatment of adverse local tissue reactions at the head-neck junction.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1381-1384
- Metal ion levels are not correlated with histopathology of adverse local tissue reactions in taper corrosion of total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1797-1802
- Outcome of dual mobility constructs for adverse local tissue reaction associated abductor deficiency in revision total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 3686-3691
- High early major complication rate after revision for mechanically assisted crevice corrosion in metal-on-polyethylene total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 3704-3710
- High complication rate after revision of large-head metal-on-metal total hip arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 523-528
- Comparison of asymptomatic and symptomatic adverse local tissue reaction in patients with head-neck taper corrosion.J Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: S358-S362
- “Asymptomatic” pseudotumors after metal-on-metal hip resurfacing arthroplasty: prevalence and metal ion study.J Arthroplasty. 2011; 26: 511-518
- Early failure of metal-on-metal bearings in hip resurfacing and large-diameter total hip replacement.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2010; 92: 38-46
- Risk stratification algorithm for management of patients with dual modular taper total hip arthroplasty: consensus statement of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Hip Society.J Arthroplasty. 2014; 29: 2060-2064
- Early outcomes of revision surgery for taper corrosion of dual taper total hip arthroplasty in 187 patients.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1549-1554
- Revision for adverse local tissue reaction following metal-on-polyethylene total hip arthroplasty is associated with a high risk of early major complications.Bone Joint J. 2018; 100-B: 720-724
- Necrotic and inflammatory changes in metal-on-metal resurfacing hip arthroplasties.Acta Orthop. 2009; 80: 653-659
- The relationship between head-neck ratio and pseudotumor formation in metal-on-metal resurfacing arthroplasty of the hip.Bone Joint J. 2010; 92: 1527-1534
- Risk factors associated with early complications of revision surgery for head-neck taper corrosion in metal-on-polyethylene total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 3231-3237
- What surgeons need to know about adverse local tissue reaction in total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: S55-S59
- The surgical options and clinical evidence for treatment of wear or corrosion occurring with THA or TKA.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 3674-3686
- Dislocation following total hip arthroplasty using dual mobility acetabular components: a systematic review.Bone Joint J. 2017; 99-B: 18-24
- High offset stems are protective of dislocation in high-risk total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: 210-216
- Is there a role for femoral offset restoration during total hip arthroplasty? A systematic review.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2017; 103: 349-355
- MRI of THA correlates with implant wear and tissue reactions: a cross-sectional study.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2019; 477: 159-174
- Classification and management of the unstable total hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2012; 27: 710-715
- Metal ion measurement as a diagnostic tool to identify problems with metal-on-metal hip resurfacing.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008; 90 Suppl 4: 202-208
- The cobalt/chromium ratio provides similar diagnostic value to a low cobalt threshold in predicting adverse local tissue reactions in patients with metal-on-metal hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 3020-3024
- The validity of serum levels as a surrogate measure of systemic exposure to metal ions in hip replacement.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2007; 89: 736-741
Investigation performed at The Bone and Joint Center, Magee Womens Hospital of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2022.06.012.