Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Osteoporosis is common and undertreated prior to total joint arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 1347-1353https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2019.03.044
- Cortical thickness index of the proximal femur: a radiographic parameter for preliminary assessment of bone mineral density and osteoporosis status in the age 50 years and over population.Clin Orthop Surg. 2018; 10: 149-156https://doi.org/10.4055/cios.2018.10.2.149
- Validation of FRAX and the impact of self-reported falls among elderly in a general population: the HUNT study, Norway.Osteoporos Int. 2017; 28: 2935-2944https://doi.org/10.1007/s00198-017-4134-9
- Validation of FRAX without BMD: an age-related analysis of the fifth Korean national health and nutrition examination survey (KNHANES V-1, 2010).Bone. 2015; 75: 27-31https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bone.2015.02.013
- Increased cortical porosity and reduced cortical thickness of the proximal femur are associated with nonvertebral fracture independent of Fracture Risk Assessment Tool and Garvan estimates in postmenopausal women.PLoS One. 2017; 12: e0185363https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0185363
- Total joint arthroplasty and osteoporosis: looking beyond the joint to bone health.J Arthroplasty. 2022; 37: 1719-1725.e1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2022.04.010
- Structural and cellular assessment of bone quality of proximal femur.Bone. 1993; 14: 231-242https://doi.org/10.1016/8756-3282(93)90146-2
- The effect of aging on the shape of the proximal femur.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1995; : 31-44
- The relationship between canal diameter and the Dorr classification.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 3204-3207https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2020.05.066
- American association of clinical endocrinologists/American college of endocrinology clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis-2020 update.Endocr Pract. 2020; 26: 1-46https://doi.org/10.4158/GL-2020-0524SUPPL
- The REDCap consortium: building an international community of software platform partners.J Biomed Inform. 2019; 95: 103208https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2019.103208
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)-A metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2008.08.010
- Correlation of plain radiographic indices of the hip with quantitative bone mineral density.Osteoporos Int. 2007; 18: 1119-1126https://doi.org/10.1007/s00198-007-0348-6
- Proximal humerus cortical bone thickness correlates with bone mineral density and can clinically rule out osteoporosis.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2013; 22: 732-738https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2012.08.018
- Cortical bone thickness of the distal part of the tibia predicts bone mineral density.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2016; 98: 751-760https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.15.00795
- Is the cortical thickness index a valid parameter to assess bone mineral density in geriatric patients with hip fractures?.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2015; 135: 805-810https://doi.org/10.1007/s00402-015-2202-1
- Bone loss after total hip arthroplasty.Rheumatol Int. 2006; 26: 792-798https://doi.org/10.1007/s00296-005-0077-0
- Assessment of the proximal femoral morphology using plain radiograph-can it predict the bone quality?.J Arthroplasty. 2006; 21: 508-513https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2005.04.037
- The role of inter-prosthetic distance, cortical thickness and bone mineral density in the development of inter-prosthetic fractures of the femur.Bone Joint J. 2014; 96-B: 1378-1384https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.96B10
- The risk of peri-prosthetic fracture after primary and revision total hip and knee replacement.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011; 93: 96-101https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.93B1
Institution Investigation performed at Hospital for Special Surgery.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2022.06.015.