Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Medial unicompartmental arthroplasty of the knee.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2019; 27: 166-176
- Yearly incidence of unicompartmental knee arthroplasty in the United States.J Arthroplasty. 2008; 23: 408-412
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty and total knee arthroplasty among Medicare beneficiaries, 2000 to 2009.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: e174
- Trends in utilization of total and unicompartmental knee arthroplasty in the United States.J Knee Surg. 2021; 34: 1138-1141
- Unicondylar knee arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1989; 71: 145-150
- An ACS-NSQIP analysis of unicompartmental knee arthroplasty trends from 2013 to 2018.J Knee Surg. 2022; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Patient-perceived outcomes and return to sport and work: TKA versus mini-incision unicompartmental knee arthroplasty.J Knee Surg. 2006; 19: 112-116
- Haemoglobin levels following unicompartmental knee arthroplasty: influence of transfusion practice and surgical approach.Knee. 2005; 12: 358-361
- Larger range of motion and increased return to activity, but higher revision rates following unicompartmental versus total knee arthroplasty in patients under 65: a systematic review.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2018; 26: 1811-1822
- Results of unicompartmental knee arthroplasty at a minimum of ten years of follow-up.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005; 87: 999-1006
- Long-term survivorship and failure modes of unicompartmental knee arthroplasty.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013; 471: 102-108
- What are the all-cause survivorship rates and functional outcomes in patients younger than 55 Years undergoing primary knee arthroplasty? A systematic review.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2022; 480: 507-522
- The short-term effectiveness and safety of second-generation patellofemoral arthroplasty and total knee arthroplasty on isolated patellofemoral osteoarthritis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Orthop Surg Res. 2021; 16: 358
- Onlay patellofemoral arthroplasty in patients with isolated patellofemoral arthritis: a systematic review.J Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: 2642-2649
- Revision arthroplasty after unicompartimental knee arthroplasty.J Orthop Surg Res. 2021; 16: 666
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty is associated with lower proportions of surgical site infection compared with total knee arthroplasty: a retrospective nationwide database study.Knee. 2021; 28: 124-130
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty is associated with a lower rate of periprosthetic joint infection compared to total knee arthroplasty.Arthroplast Today. 2021; 10: 117-120
- Unicondylar knee arthroplasty has fewer complications but higher revision rates than total knee arthroplasty in a study of large United States databases.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 1617-1625
- Infection after unicompartmental knee arthroplasty: a high risk of subsequent complications.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2019; 477: 70-77
- Failure modes of patellofemoral arthroplasty-registries vs. clinical studies: a systematic review.Acta Orthop. 2019; 90: 473-478
- Chronic infection of unicompartmental knee arthroplasty: one-stage conversion to total knee arthroplasty.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2015; 101: 553-557
- Unicompartmental knee arthroplasty: modes of failure and conversion to total knee arthroplasty.Joints. 2017; 5: 44-50
- Treatment and outcome of periprosthetic joint infection in unicompartmental knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 1917-1923
- The 2018 definition of periprosthetic Hip and knee infection: an evidence-based and validated criteria.J Arthroplasty. 2018; 33: 1309-1314
- Hip and knee section, diagnosis, definitions: proceedings of international consensus on orthopedic infections.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: S329-S337
- Proceedings of the international consensus on periprosthetic joint infection.Bone Joint J. 2013; 95-B: 1450-1452
- New definition for periprosthetic joint infection: from the workgroup of the musculoskeletal infection society.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011; 469: 2992-2994
- Diagnosis of periprosthetic joint infection after unicompartmental knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2012; 27: 46-50
- The Mark Coventry Award: diagnosis of early postoperative TKA infection using synovial fluid analysis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011; 469: 34-40
- Diagnostic value of synovial white blood cell count and serum C-reactive protein for acute periprosthetic joint infection after knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2017; 32: 3724-3728
- The 2018 international consensus meeting minor criteria for chronic hip and knee periprosthetic joint infection: validation from a single center.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 2200-2203
- Assessment of a multiplex serological test for the diagnosis of prosthetic joint infection: a prospective multicentre study.J Bone Jt Infect. 2020; 5: 89-95
- Synovial C-reactive protein features high negative predictive value but is not useful as a single diagnostic parameter in suspected periprosthetic joint infection (PJI).J Infect. 2019; 78: 439-444
- Projected economic burden of periprosthetic joint infection of the hip and knee in the United States.J Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: 1484-1489
- What is the long-term economic societal effect of periprosthetic infections after THA? A markov analysis.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2017; 475: 1891-1900
- Long-term clinical results of unicompartmental knee arthroplasty in patients younger than 60 Years of age: minimum 10-year follow-up.Knee Surg Relat Res. 2018; 30: 28-33
- Excellent survival and outcomes with fixed-bearing medial UKA in young patients (≤ 60 years) at minimum 10-year follow-up.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2020; 28: 3865-3870
- Laboratory tests for diagnosis of chronic periprosthetic joint infection can help predict outcomes of two-stage exchange.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018; 100: 1009-1015
Investigation Performed At: Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts. Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Massachusetts.
Funding: This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Disclosure: Authors Cohen-Levy WB, Salimy MS, and Canas AE have no conflicts of interest to disclose. Author Lans J is a paid speaker for Axogen Inc Author Melnic CM is a speaker and paid consultant for Smith & Nephew and Total Joint Orthopedics, and receives research support from Zimmer Biomet. Author Bedair HS receives royalties from and is a paid consultant for Smith & Nephew, has stock options in and is a paid consultant for Exactech, receives research support from Zimmer Biomet, and receives royalties from Wolters Kluwer. These conflicts of interest are stated here but are unrelated to the present study.
This data was previously presented at the 2022 AAOS Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL as a podium paper presentation.
One or more of the authors of this paper have disclosed potential or pertinent conflicts of interest, which may include receipt of payment, either direct or indirect, institutional support, or association with an entity in the biomedical field which may be perceived to have potential conflict of interest with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2022.06.021.