Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effect of aspirin vs enoxaparin on symptomatic venous thromboembolism in patients undergoing hip or knee arthroplasty: the CRISTAL randomized trial.JAMA. 2022; 328: 719-727
- Current practice trends in primary hip and knee arthroplasties among members of the American association of hip and knee surgeons: an update during the COVID-19 pandemic.J Arthroplasty. 2021; 36: S40-S44
- Recommendations from the ICM-VTE: hip & knee.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2022; 104: 180-231
- Aspirin is as effective as and safer than warfarin for patients at higher risk of venous thromboembolism undergoing total joint arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 83-86
- Fatal pulmonary embolism following elective total hip arthroplasty: a 12-year study.Bone Joint J. 2016; 98-B: 585-588
- The use of aspirin for prophylaxis Against venous thromboembolism decreases mortality following primary total joint arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2019; 101: 504-513
- Administration of aspirin as a prophylaxis Agent against venous thromboembolism results in lower incidence of periprosthetic joint infection.J Arthroplasty. 2015 Sep; 30: 39-41
- Type of anticoagulant used after total knee arthroplasty affects the rate of knee manipulation for postoperative stiffness.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018; 100: 1366-1372
- Aspirin administered for venous thromboembolism prophylaxis may protect against stiffness following total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2022; 37: 953-957
- Highlighting the roles of anemia and aspirin in predicting ninety-day readmission following aseptic revision total joint arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 490-494
- Aspirin thromboprophylaxis confers No increased risk for aseptic loosening following cementless primary hip arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2019; 34: 2978-2982
- Persistent wound drainage among total joint arthroplasty patients receiving aspirin vs coumadin.J Arthroplasty. 2020; 35: 3743-3746
- Factors associated with prolonged wound drainage after primary total hip and knee arthroplasty.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007; 89: 33-38
- Aspirin: an alternative for pulmonary embolism prophylaxis after arthroplasty?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 482-488
- Aspirin or rivaroxaban for VTE prophylaxis after hip or knee arthroplasty.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 699-707
- Clinical effectiveness and safety of aspirin for venous thromboembolism prophylaxis after total hip and knee replacement: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.JAMA Intern Med. 2020; 180: 376-384
- Prevention of pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis with low dose aspirin: pulmonary Embolism Prevention (PEP) trial.Lancet. 2000; 355: 1295-1302
- Comparable efficacy of 100 mg aspirin twice daily and rivaroxaban for venous thromboembolism prophylaxis following primary total hip arthroplasty: a randomized controlled trial.Chin Med J (Engl). 2021; 134: 164-172
- Aspirin versus low-molecular-weight heparin for extended venous thromboembolism prophylaxis after total hip arthroplasty: a randomized trial.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 158: 800-806
- VenaFlow plus Lovenox vs VenaFlow plus aspirin for thromboembolic disease prophylaxis in total knee arthroplasty.J Arthroplasty. 2006; 21: 139-143
- Statistical lessons learned for designing cluster randomized pragmatic clinical trials from the NIH Health Care Systems Collaboratory Biostatistics and Design Core.Clin Trials. 2016; 13: 504-512
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
No author associated with this paper has disclosed any potential or pertinent conflicts which may be perceived to have impending conflict with this work. For full disclosure statements refer to https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arth.2022.09.017.
1This Editorial is being published concurrently in The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery and The Journal of Arthroplasty. The Editorials are identical except for minor stylistic differences in keeping with the style of each journal. A citation from either journal can be used when citing this article.